Might have lesion in future. Will that be considered a silicotic lesion and what does ct scan mean?

hey Dr

I just wanted to ask you a quick question. i spoke with you before and you mentioned that i might have one lesion in the future. will that be considered a silicotic lesion? and can you tell me what the comments on the ct scan mean?

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 5 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

1. A 2 year follow up will reveal the progression / development if any of any existing lesion.

2. I suppose the right upper lobe fibrotic strand hadn't progressed in the second CT. Also the "subpleural reticluar densities posteriorly" need to be observed, and depending on their progression only after a 2 year follow up CT, can the presence of silicosis be ascertained. Till that time making any predictions is difficult.

3. The comments on the CT do not ahow any major changes but need to be observed. They being suggested due to dependent atelectasis require you to follow a good chest physiotherapy exercise regime.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist