Middle ear infected with Aspergillus fumagatus. Have small hole in eardrum. Reoccurring. Using ketoconazole drops. Suggest the cure?

ENT Specialist
YYYY@YYYY writes: I have a middle ear infected with Aspergillus fumagatus resulting in an aspergilloma. I have a small hole in my eardrum. A local ENT has twice made an incision in my eardrum and removed the ball,however, the problem reoccurs in a few months. He is now trying ketoconazole drops twice a day..,The drops "burn" quite bad. He would be the first to tell you that it is a new experience for him. I will say that I have the highest opinion of him as a DR.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
get blood sugars checked

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,
At your age with cardiac problem medical treatment is the option. My advice-
1.You can get done an HRCT (High resolution CT scan ) of Temporal bone to get examined for the extent of disease and see whether it has damaged the bones inside and to see the extent of fungus inside.And to rule out any other illness as only fungal infection not getting cleared easily ,is rare.
2.Take Boric acid and spirit ear drops which will help in cleaning the ear.
3.Get done your blood sugars checked to see for diabetes.
4.Consult your doctor to start on Tab. Ciprofloxacin which is antibiotic which has good role in it.
5.You need daily suction cleaning of ears

Get well soon
In doubt do reply