Microvessel disease, angiogram showed artery blockage, wear compression knee hose. What are the symptoms of this disease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My doctor says I have Microvessel disease because it is the small vessels that don't dilate when they should except upon exercise. I am on .06 patch,a beta blocker and cholesterol pill,and channel blocker. What are the symptons of this disease? Angiogram displayed one major artery with 67% blockage and another 30. I have been to emerg a couple of times this past 3 months and EKG has been the same each time with no changes. My cardiologist doesn't want to see me for a year.i don't believe he thinks of Microvessel disease as anything to worry about. I weigh 116 lbs,have not smoked for40 year,may have a glass of red wine 3 or 4 times a week and do Yoga and moderate exercise every day. I wear compression knee hose. I am. It a sitter but seem to be tired enough to need to lie down and bi horizontal 8 to 10 hours a day. Mornings are my best time. Does that help?I have never had high blood pressure or high cholesterol just bad LDL.when I tak blood pressure reading only the pulse fluctuates from 63 to 92 with or without exercise.
Please excuse the spelling errors It should have said I am not a sitter.
My doctor says why can't I do less and take longer doing each.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Coronary microvascular disease is associated with menopause and is due to dropped estrogen levels in females.
The other causative factors are hypertension, diabetes and hereditary cardiac muscle disease. The treatment mainly involves controlling blood pressure and giving vasodilators like nitroglycerine along with a low dose aspirin. The progress of disease cannot be altered. Usually symptomatic treatment is required on development of acute symptoms like chest pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Microvessel disease, angiogram showed artery blockage, wear compression knee hose. What are the symptoms of this disease? 5 hours later
Thank you for your brief reply,
Are the pains in left arm and jaw and lightheartedness indicative of this disease.? I was hoping you would tell me of the symptoms. I have never had high blood pressure or diabetes and had a hysterectomy at age 40 . I understand there is no cure and that the condition might deteriorate overtime. If I knew symptoms were common I might not be so concerned about the late day fatigue and therefore just accept the condition and work at exercise physically and mentally.
Is it possible I might have another heart attack..or even a stroke?The compression hose seems to reduce leg swelling but that does cause fluid retention and my doctor does not want me to continue lasex. This does cause several trips to b.r. During night but I can handle that problem.

Your comments would be appreciated. If you answer the above I will be happy to accept.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

The sympoms of microvascular heart disease include persistent chest pain even at rest, shortness of breath, fatigue, lightheadedness, lack of energy, etc. The symptoms you are having are suggestive of this disease.

Angina is more commonly associated with microvascular heart disease rather than stroke. Hence a complete cardiac evaluation is necessary if not done earlier. A competent cardiologist will be able to streamline necessary test to help you through your illness.

In addition follow a healthy life style with a moderate exercise regimen to prevent further deterioration. Losing few extra pounds and quitting alcohol will be helpful.
Take all of your medicines as prescribed.
Physical activity, medicines, and relaxation therapy can help relieve your symptoms. You may also consider taking part in a stress management program which have been useful in many of our patients.

I hope this answer is helpful. Do accept the answer if you have no further queries.

Wish you an early trouble free recovery.