Microcytic Hypochromic anaemia. Taken Iron, Folate, Vit B12, blood transfusion. What is the kind and seriousness of this anaemia?

i have microcytic hypochromic anemia since childhood. my mother had blood grp B negative, and dad has A positive. my red blood cell destruction is much faster, according to tests. what kind of anemia is this, and how serious. female, 29 yrs old.

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 29

Already Tried:
iron, folate, vit B12, blood transfusion
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The Rh Incompatibility is purely a haemolytic disease of newborn.This condition affects the newborns only as there will be maternal antibodies against foetal Rh positive RBCs.This disease when severe is life threatening to the new born and when mild it causes mild jaundice and anaemia in the neonatal period.It does not affect whole life.

Microcytic Hypochromic anaemia you have could be due to many causes other than Iron deficiency. Like :

Chronic systemic disease,
sideroblastic anaemia,
Disorders of iron absorption,
Chronic blood loss,
Haemolysis due to other auto immune conditions etc

You may have to consult a Haematologist who can study extensively along with examining you and find out the exact cause of the problem in you.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.