Meth user, having pain on arms and shoulder. Any connection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a former meth user with over ten years clean. An old acquaintance dropped by because she was divorcing her husband and unrelated to that is still using. I thought it would not hurt to smoke with her as she will be leaving for rehab today. I am concerned about the ache I feel in both arms from shoulder to mid hand. I take aspirin for pain due to my other meds contraindicating with other pain killers. But just want to know if I should worry.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The ache that you are having is the muscular pain may be due to electrolyte imbalance, muscle overuse or meth use.
This is likely to subside on rest, hot fomentation and application of a local analgesic gel in the area. The symptoms are self limiting and are likely to subside over next 4- 5 days. In case the pain is persistent then do consult your physician and get some muscle relaxants prescribed. Meanwhile do take plenty of electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids like Garotade.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.