Metallic taste in mouth after coughing, back pain, semen discharge after urination. Reason?

Jan 2013

I have a metallic taste in my mouth after coughing, along with upper back pain on my right side and semen discharge after urinating.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 46 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ difficulty in breathing/ cough with sputum production?
Do you have past history of any injury?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ gargling sound in abdomen/ abdominal bloating after taking meals/ blood in stools?
Are you using any medication now a days?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of left lower chest pneumonia with pleuritis.
Metallic taste in mouth could be due to secondary bacterial infection with yellow colored sputum production or due to use of antibiotics.
Back ache could be due to associated pleuritis or could be due to myalgia (may be due to viral infection).
Semen discharge during coughing could be due to cough induced rise in intra-abdominal pressure.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, chest x XXXXXXX and sputum examination.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
You should take complete antibiotic course, decongestants, cough suppressants and analgesics with muscle relaxants.
You should take proper bed rest with give time for full recovery.
You should also perform gargles three times in day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.
Avoid cold rinks, oily food and curd.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava