Metallic taste, enhanced smell, thirsty, headache and hungry after eating. Why is this happening?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Metallic taste, enhanced smell, thirsty, headache and hungry after eating
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi there.

Do you have burning sensation in your chest ?

Any symptoms of acid reflux like upper abdominal pain, nausea, loose stools ?

Any blurring of vision, giddiness, jaundice ?

Are you on any medication ?

Usually patients with Acid peptic disease or Acid reflux due to gastritis and esophagitis tend to get a metallic taste in the mouth, constant headaches, increased thirst and hunger as well.

It would be advisable to take a glass of cold milk for now to relieve you of the symptoms.

Avoid spicy food, fatty or oily food, junk food, colas, caffeine, smoking and alcohol as all of these can cause gastritis.

Eat a balanced diet XXXXXXX in proteins and fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily.

You may need Proton pump inhibitor drugs to control your Acid peptic disease, like Omeprazole. It would be best to get a consult with a leading Gastroenterologist, who may recommend an endoscopic camera study of your esophagus and stomach as well.

Kindly do respond to my queries.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.