Met with an accident yesterday. CT scan showing concussion. Had nose bleed. Should I go to ER?

my son was in a motor cycle accident yesterday at 5 pm had cat scan at er, said has a concusion, but ok today at 930 he has a nosebleed should he be taken to er?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

If CT scan was performed and there was no serious head injury, he must have had a concussion. There is nothing much to worry if he has no other significant head injury signs in the first 24 hours after head injury. Significant head injury signs include:
Loss of consciousness
Loss of balance
Severe headache
Vision problems

The nose bleed might be from fracture/ injury to nose and face due to accident. If it is light bleed, it might be small vessel injury and can be managed by the gp. Continuous nose bleed should be seen in the er.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor