Met with an accident and feeling numbness. MRI showed agitated periosteum. What should I do to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I was in a car accident 11 months ago in which I hit my left XXXXXXX very hard on the console or dash. X-ray shows no break or fracture. I'm still bruised & leg is painful if I try to get on my knees or sit back on heels during yoga. It is also still partially numb. I had an MRI 2 weeks ago which shied that the periosteum was still very agitated (doctor's words "periosteum is pissed off"). He suggested physical therapy in which they put me on an underwater treadmill. Is this what you would do? I don't have pain when walking & have full range of motion except as described earlier. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Email: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The pain you have described seems to be due to a periosteal inflammation. Such injuries often take time to recover and are quite painful.
In addition to the physical therapy that has been advised by your doctor, you need to take serratiopeptidase and trypsin- chymotrypsin will enhance the rate of recovery. Doing hot fomentation in the area will also be helpful.
You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.