Met with an accident. Received a dual epidermal injection on L5 disc. Any alternate injection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor. I have what might me call an odd question, ha. I am sufferring from a torn L-5 disc in my lower back, in addition to jacking my lower back up a bit (L2-L-5, and S-1). I also have a left wrist that has ripped tendons and ligaments. I injured myself on my dirt bike, it's an outdoor hoibby that I love to keep me mentally and physically challenged. Anyway, I recieved a dual epidermal injection into each side of my L-5 disc Thursday. I have never felt so good (pain free) in my back and my wrist these past 14 months - as I have felt the past 5 days from that steroid injectioin(s). I want to know if I can somehow order whatever it is the Doctor shot me up with to give me the relief of my back and wrist pain. It was the happiest I have ever been since injuring myself...I felt normal for the first time in a long time. Is there a hormone, or a testosterone, or a steroid supplement that I can purchase on-line and have mailed to me that will give me that same or close to the same relief as that "steroid epidermal injection" Gave Me? Thank you Doctor... XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
You have been given an epidural steroid injection which has considerably decreased the inflammation bringing the relief. The steroid injections are strictly prescription only drugs. These are not available online.
Also, you cannot inject it yourself as of the injection is not exactly put into the epidural space, the needle might injure the nerve endings of the spinal cord causing you a considerable pain.
You need consult your orthopedician for getting these injections administered.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Met with an accident. Received a dual epidermal injection on L5 disc. Any alternate injection? 27 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Would a Anabolic Steroid "pill" benefit me? Or a Growth Hormone "pill?" I "think" the steroid part of the injection is what gave me strength and took the pain away. How else could I explain the pain going away in my left wrist? Not just my lower know? There's a web site called WWW.WWWW.WW Coudl I "try" one of these two, for example? I look forward to yoru repsonse, Doctor. Thank you again Sir... XXXXXX [see below two from WWW.WWWW.WW web site]...

1.)Test-600x ®
Highly anabolic Test600x is designed produces rapid results. In its fast-acting oral form, Test600x supplies the anabolic edge needed to enhance both your performance and physique for competition and recreational demands!

2.) Pituitary Growth Hormone(pGH) ™
Get the fast-acting Pituitary Growth Hormone formula and begin improving your overall health today! This remarkably highly absorbable formula accelerates fat loss, recovery capacity, and muscle growth!
What about me tryign this oral pill (copied & pasted)...: Dexamethasone is the most commonly prescribed corticosteroid for pain, but prednisone or prednisolone can also be used. An advantage of prednisolone is that the side effect of myopathy is less common. Dexamethasone causes less fluid retention than other steroids owing to the fact that it has less mineralocorticoid effect. It is also relatively more potent and, owing to dexamethasone’s longer half-life, it can be taken once daily. The most appropriate dose of dexamethasone has not been determined, but a range of 2 to 8 mg orally or subcutaneously once to 3 times daily is generally accepted.

*** Dr.., But please answer the one on anabolic steroids or the pgh also - please Sir. I am trying to learn. That is why I need your help in my research, here. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The local steroid injections have a good efficacy with minimal systemic side effects. These are always preferred over the oral steroids.
The oral steroid preferred is Deflazocort or methyl prednisolone. The growth hormone preparations or anabolic steroids do not help in reducing the inflammation to a large extent.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Met with an accident. Received a dual epidermal injection on L5 disc. Any alternate injection? 11 minutes later
It does Doctor. I am trying to understand "why" the pain went completely away in my left wrist after injection into lower back? Back felt good too, but injection was into lower back. Was it the steroid that made wrist pain go away? That is why I was wondering about trying an anabolic steroid, and trying the prednisolone? Could I try them just to see if it takes that wrist pain away? Is it worth a "try?" Can I simply try them both that I just mentioned (at seperate times) "once only" as an experiment? Thank you Doctor. I appreciate yoru help.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The pain went away from the wrist due to the systemic absorption of the steriod injection which reduced the inflammation in the wrist as well.
You can try anabolic steroid and prednisolone once to see their effect but you must be aware of the side effects caused by the indiscriminate use of these medicines.