Met with an accident. No fracture seen on x-ray. Have numbness and bruise. Should I visit ER?

Hi. I was involved in a four wheeler accident two years ago. The four wheeler flipped and the bar on the back landed on my forearm. Xrays concluded that there was no fracture, and my skin was a purplish color for a few months afterwards. The doctor who treated me said that the injury would heal on its own. I always had an indentation but now I'm experiencing a huge gap, numbness, my skin is changing to a bruised color for periods of time, burning sensations and there is something hanging loose. I can move this from the outside of my skin. From the outside it kind of looks like an inch thick vein. I have no medical insurance at this time and wonder if I should just keep resting it off or its serious enough to go to the emergency room.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 16 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Just saw the image you sent too. Presence of numbness might indicate a lesion of a nerve, and the gapping might deserve a new control X XXXXXXX
I suggest you take an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon instead for a proper evaluation.
But do not actually think you need to worry that much.
thanks and best regards,
Feel free asking further questions if need be.
Luchuo, MD