Met with an accident. Have stiff neck and minor nose bleed. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013

HI I got into a minor car accident this morning. I bumped my car into a parking lot wall, going less than 5 mph. I stomped on the brakes, leading to a sudden halt but still hit the wall. There's a small scratch on my car, not noticeable at all. But now, about 12 hours later, I have a stiff neck, which I expected. But now I had a minor, minor nosebleed. It lasted less than 20 seconds, with only a little blood. Is there anything I should worry about? I wasn't worried until this nosebleed happened.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry at all, as your injury seems to be minor.

Nose bleed is most likely unrelated to the injury, as there is no significant head injury in your case.

Stiff neck would subside in a few days. You may take analgesics such as diclofenac to get relief from the pain.

If the nose bleed recurs, you may consult an ENT doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Met with an accident. Have stiff neck and minor nose bleed. Should I be worried? 19 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you so much for your help. My neck noticeably better today without any pain medicine. But I noticed something that might be small, or might not be. When I pray at home 5 times a day, when I am in prostration, my head is on the floor. So almost everytime I get up from that position, I hear and feel a small, small noise from the top of my head. It doesn't hurt or anything. But maybe it's a muscle that I can now crack since the car incident? I've never felt that before, but I noticed it yesterday and now today.
This might be nothing, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you.
Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you for getting back.

I am happy to note that you are getting better.

Your current symptoms are minor and not a cause of concern. It is likely to be due to minor muscle spasm/pull, and would resolve soon.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)