Met with an accident. Experiencing pain in arm. X-ray showed no dislocation. Treatment needed?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I had a motorbike accident and pain came to my shoulder 4 days after the accident, since then I have had severe pain in the morning which lasts about 2-3 hours, then the rest of the day my shoulder and upper bicep just aches slightly, also my back and neck can sometimes ache sporadically. This injury was 4 weeks ago, and since the I have had severe motion loss of arm unless using I use it low to the ground , now the pain also radiates to my neck and shoulder blade sometimes, My bicep area has become numb also, I think it maybe an extreme case of frozen shoulder. “frozen shoulder”, but im worried if my tendon is torn and worry about losing motion with this arm for the rest of my life, My arm now 3 hours after waking up and taking a anti-inflammatory drug, a muscle relax and a heavy pain killer "Lyrica" The ache continues right now i have no motion whatsoever with my shoulder outward from by body in all directions. Forgot to mention i have dislocated this arm "right arm" when I was young approx 6 years old, and I am 26 years , but i have had an xray and it and it showed no dislocation. What would be your thoughts/diagnosis and what treatment do I need ?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems to be rotator cuff injury.Pain and tenderness in shoulder, especially when reaching overhead, reaching behind your back, lifting, pulling or sleeping on the affected side and loss of shoulder range of motion are common symptoms.

Most of the time, treatment for rotator cuff injuries involves exercise therapy.
Do not worry about losing motion for the rest of your life, physical therapy and specific exercises designed to help heal your injury, improve the flexibility of your rotator cuff and shoulder muscles, and provide balanced shoulder muscle strength. Depending on the severity of your injury, physical therapy may take from several weeks to several months to reach maximum effectiveness.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician for thorough examination and get a MRI done to reach the correct diagnosis.

Hope this helps you.I would be glad to help if needed.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at WWW.WWWW.WW
Wishing you speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.