Met with an accident. Experiencing fatigue and upper neck pain. What is affecting my sleep?

Yes, I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue in the morning. I have a fairly new boyfriend--we've been dating about a year. I quit my job because it was too stressful and I was in a car accident. The accident kinda aggrevated some of the problems I already have like CTS. I have a lot of pain in my upper neck now. Could the pain be keeping me in bed in the mornings?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. As you mentioned pain is one of the causes for sleep insufficiency. It causes a shallow sleep and the persons will not feel rested. This can cause difficulty in leaving the bed. On the other hand, it should not be treated with some medications like hydrocodone. They cause problem with good breathing and this will result in more fatigue in the morning.
You should go to an orthopedic surgeon to ask X XXXXXXX from your neck in different angles as well. It shows any possible damages and he will know about what is necessary for its management.
Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.