Mercilon, early periods, intercourse, break through bleeding, hormonal imbalance

Hi, would like to get advice
I started Mercilon on March 27th on my second day of my period, then my next period came way early on April 13th and lasted till April 19th which is longer than usual,
then didn't take the second load of Mercilon
Had intercourse on April 21st and want to know how safe that was, didn't use a condom to start with then used it at the end.
Also, does it make sense for me to start the second round of Mericilon now even though I am on day 12 on my cycle?

Another question, why my G spot is rough? my boyfriend mentioned that he felt as it was like 'sand paper' on his penis. You have any idea why and what can be done to be corrected? Never had experienced this before. On my side all felt nice and smooth

I am 38 years old, healthy, 5'2"; 52kg
thank you for your support XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Firstly,mercilon is a oc pill that needs to be started on day 1-2 of the cycle.
You may have experienced breakthrough bleeding due to hormonal imbalance that caused your period to come early.Please know that usually the first month of use isnt safe from pregnancy.But if you had a proper period and had sex a day after that then pregnancy isnt likely.

But you need to use other forms of birth control if you arent using the mercilon.
You cannot start another pack or carry on the previous pack after taking a break or in the middle of the cycle.You should start the next pack on day 1 of your menses.

About the other question,there is no reason for that to occur.The only way to see if there is any pathology is by examination.You should see your gynaecologist for a pap smear if you havent had one in last 6 months.

Follow-up: Mercilon, early periods, intercourse, break through bleeding, hormonal imbalance 6 hours later
regarding ovulation and mercilon
since my period came earlier on April 13th n lasted till the 19th
and the previous period started on March 27th
when do you think is most likely I will be ovulating?

regarding the roughness that my boyfriend felt when he was inside
me, is this normal? is the first time that anyone has told me that
or may be that he is maybe too sensitive?

thank you for letting me know

I just need more clarification
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 hours later

Thanks for replying back

If your period came on the 13th Of April,then you will count that as the first day of your cycle.In most normal women,ovulation occurs between day 13-15.So you should be ovulating on 29-30.You should start you next pack of pills on day 1 of your next cycle.

Regarding the roughness,its not something easily felt .Either your boy friend could be sensitive,or there could be a local lesion/patch etc.The only way to rule that out is by examination and a pap smear.

If your are above 35 yrs of age,I would suggest that you get a pap smear done.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Mercilon, early periods, intercourse, break through bleeding, hormonal imbalance 1 hour later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX could you please explain how to do the ovulation counting if for example my previous period only lasted 21 days?
I am very confused with this!

Also what do I do when e.g. i havent finished the whole Mercilon package then my period comes and I have to take it on the 1st or 2nd day of my period, should I just continue taking it non stop?

thank you so much for clarifying the haze in my mind!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later

Ovulation days can be counted more or less accurately only if you have very regular cycles.

If you have irregular cycles,then days dont coincide. Usually the ovulation occurs almost mid cycle.if your cycles fluctuate then ovulation days cannot be counted accurately. Mercilon can help regularise your periods.But you have to take it properly. Missing pills or taking them at the wrong times could cause hormonal imbalance.

Start the next pack on day 1 of your cycle.Ideally you shouldnt have periods early.If that happens then you need to do an ultrasound to rule out uterine pathologies.

After you start the next pack in day 1,finish the pack and start the next pack the day after the first finishes after 28 days.

Wish you Good Health.