Mentally depressed. Has ostroporasis and parkinson. Guidance?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I am mentally depressed. I have lost every thing in life. I am the only son for my parents.My father was retired chief engineer and is no more. My mother has sever ostroporasis and parkinson and is in my native place(In Tamilnadu). We have about 12 acre land without water +cows and an old house in a dilapidated condition. I am working as GM in a private company in Palakkad , Kerala. I am 57+ about to retire. I have a son and a daughter. Both are engineers working in IT mnc firm.My son is married. But his marriage has landed in problem. The girl has left after a day. We were looking an alliance for my daughter, suddenly she comes and tells me he loves his class mate. We have tried to convince her but we do not know what will happen.
I have struggled very hard to bring my family to this level. Because of my son's problem all my relatives have left us. I do not know where things will reach if my daughter also does something. I have sacrificed every thing for my family and now with all the above problems I do not know what to do. I am totally dip-pressed. I fell like I should have a heart attack and die now.Can you give me some guidance.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
have faith in god

Detailed Answer:

You are a mature individual!

You love in tis present modern world.!!!where things are not like that of your generation.!!

Reg your son,I wonder why should your relatives get upset and leave!

In fact if they are really caring,they should sympathise with you and your son .( irrespective of who is at fault)

So I think that you should not bother about them anymore.

Reg your daughter, this is what is happening in at least 30 to 40 % of the families

Both arranged marriages and love marriages fail.!!!

So if you are not happy with the boy she has chosen,( for bad habits,or other valid reasons and not caste or religion,), you have to accept if initial refusal fails because they may go up to any level and

then you will regret!( you should not worry about your relatives attitude rather the happiness of your children!)

If you know the problems every family is facing you will not think like this,.

No one is immune from problems either financial,or health or social.

So like baghawat XXXXXXX says, don't think of karma palan and accept what comes !

Certain things are destined to happen!!!

This is god's will!

Have faith in God and pray sincerely.

God bless

Dr Uma