Menstrual cycles condition. Did mammogram test. Does this test effect the cycles?

does the mensturation cycle change after a mamogram. I had blood discharge soon after one last
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Mammogram is not likely to affect the menstrual cycle in any way. Mild spotting after a mammogram is just a co incidence.
You need not worry. This one time symptom is not indicative of any pathology. Mental tension, anxiety and stress might also cause mild breakthrough bleeding in some cases.
Please do not worry. If it happens again then you can consult your gynecologist to find out the cause and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.