Menopause, breast and abdominal pain, rash and scar. How can this be solved?

I am 56 and in menopause. I have pain in my left breast, and pain in lower abdomen in the area of my two C-sections. I had a severe rash at the scar site... but I am quite heavy and I have always had to give this tucked under area extra care... now I see a large bruise has appeared on the left side. Will this too pass? I don't have insurance so I have managed through most things on my own... but this is a little scarey.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Sudden spontaneous appearance of bruise without any history of trauma is suggestive of a bleeding disorder. You need to consult your physician to get a complete blood coagulation profile checked with APTT and platelet count to rule out other possible causes like thrombocytopenia. This is a serious symptom and needs a medical attention. It is not the one which should be ignored.
This can also happen due to a viral infection in the recent past- decreases the synthesis of platelets from the bone marrow.
Presence of any autoimmune disorders also needs to be ruled out.
The treatment is based on the diagnosis and severity of the problem. Treatment is usually done by fluid infusion, steroids, immunoglobulins, blood transfusions, etc according to the severity of the condition.
The mild pain in the breast may be related to post menopausal symptoms. You can do a breast self examination to look for any lumps.
Pain in the lower abdomen may need investigations like ultrasound scan in case it is persistent.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Menopause, breast and abdominal pain, rash and scar. How can this be solved? 17 hours later
Ibioprophen seems to stop the pain, like it is inflamed. Also... I took a picture of this nasty looking area, and wondered if seeing it might help. We have very little money, and I go to a clinic... so if this doesn't seem anymore serious than maybe inflammation in the scar tissue... I can wait out the pain.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It is good that you have a picture of the area. You can upload the image on the box provided at the right hand side of the query page. Seeing the image will help me in suggesting you better.
For the pain abdomen, taking an antispasmodic available over the counter will be more helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.