Menopause. Have red raised spots on torso, breast and stomach. Completed course of antibiotic for abscessed tooth. Suggest?

I have small bright red raised spots on my torso, top of breasts and stomach.I am in my 50s and have just completed a course of antibiotics for a abscessed tooth.I am slim, fit and have regular exercise and a good diet. I am in menopause and have hot flushes which last for about a day. What are the reds spots? Can I get rid of them or at least stop them from increasing? Are they indicative of a health problem?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Varnika J.P. 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.

The most probable causes for your symptoms are-
1.Skin changes due to menopause
2.Capillary bleeds
3 XXXXXXX De XXXXXXX spots(Hemangiomas seen in middle age)
4.Rarely Cancer

I would want to know
1.If the spots hurt
2.Have they increased in size in the last few days
3.If there is any discharge from the spots

I would be able to tell about the cause better if you can send me a picture of the spots.

As of now the lesions seem to be caused due to hormonal imbalance
At menopause, our skin starts to produces slightly less collagen and elastic fibers. Collagen is the supportive protein structure of the skin, and elastic fibers provide the ability to bounce back. So the drop in collagen and elastic fibers accelerates wrinkling and sagging. An excess of progestin can stimulate the hypothalamus to dry out the skin and cause changes.These can present in several forms: small bumps on the skin, itchy skin, eczema or red spots.

Skin rashes begin at the cessation of the menstrual cycle. This time is called peri-menopause, the time leading up to menopause, generally three to 10 years prior. Some women experience skin problems after menopause begins.

Some home remedies are-
1.Take a diet with an increase in liposomes, flaxseed, vitamin E and vitamin C intake.
2.Cocoa butter and vitamin E oil, applied to the rashes, effectively relieves the irritation.
3.Some find relief with an estrogen-rich cream.

Kindly Seek medical advice before starting any treatment.

Mostly these symptoms reduce with the usage of medication and simple lifestyle changes like diet and exercise.For most, these symptoms stop within a year, but for some, symptoms can last as much as three years or more.

You can contact me for further queries,
Thank you,
Wishing you good health