Menopause. Have had nipple tenderness. Was told to have adenomas after biopsy. Suggest?

I have had nipple tenderness on and off for some months. I'm post-menopausal. This tenderness is in my left breast, where I was told in 2008, after a needle biopsy, that I have two adenomas. I know I should get a follow-up ultrasound but have been putting it off. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 23 minutes later
Hello ms XXXXXXX nipple tenderness can occur due to fibrmyalgia or fibroadenosis in the post menopausal age group. Since you have similar history in the past its imporant that you have a follow up. Do an ultrasound of both breasts. If the size of the fibroadenomas hasnt increased then most like its the myalgia thats causing this. If you have lumpy or fatty breasts thats another cause. Make sure you wear tight support. Primrose oil tablets will help with myalgia. But get the ultrasound first.
Follow-up: Menopause. Have had nipple tenderness. Was told to have adenomas after biopsy. Suggest? 26 minutes later
I don't have a question, just want to thank you for the prompt reply. I have an appointment soon to see my GP and will ask for a requisition for a bilateral ultrasound.

Thanks for giving me a shove in the direction that I knew in my heart I should go in but wasn't doing anything about.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 minutes later
Happy to help. I hope you get positive results.