Melanoma removed. Negative PET scan and sentinal lymph node biopsy. What is the next step?

i have been diagiosed with melanoma and it has been removed. i had a pet scan and sential lyphm node biospy done and they both came back negative what is the next step . i have been told 2 different things so i am confused
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

Please tell me the size and depth of melanoma you had and the biopsy report.

I hope a Mohs Micrographic surgery was done for removal of your melanoma.

A negative sentinel biopsy and a negative PET scan virtually eliminates risk of a metastatic spread.

But, a follow up is always advised depending upon the size and depth of histologic type of melanoma.

Awaiting your response
Follow-up: Melanoma removed. Negative PET scan and sentinal lymph node biopsy. What is the next step? 4 hours later
it was 2.2 and i i had 4 lyphm nodes removed and all 4 were negative also i was told it was intermet depth
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 5 minutes later

Thanks for following up.

I think there is nothing to worry about at present.

According to me you only need regular follow up. So just keep following up with your dermatologist.

Hope this answers your query. I am available to address any other doubts you might have.

Wish you good health.