Melacare caused black marks and redness of skin. When stopped skin got dry. What is the solution?

Recently i have started using Melacare as suggeted by friend I am getting black marks and reddness of skin,itching and if i stopped using that my skin is getting very dvery please suggest me the solution pls pls I am struggling a lot because of this I am looking very ugly now.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: use moisturiser and steroid cream Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. from the description provided, it seems you are having contact irritant dermatitis due to melacare. In simple words melacare has irritated your skin. Now to treat the same discontinue melacare use use a bland moisturiser like cetaphil moisturiser apply mometasone cream twice in a day- a steroid for few days. Hopefully in four to five days, skin will become normal. Once skin gets back to normal, to improve your skin tone, use a sunscreen daily in morning and a kojic acid based cream twice in a day. This would improve your skin without harming it. hope this helped. take care
Follow-up: Melacare caused black marks and redness of skin. When stopped skin got dry. What is the solution? 11 minutes later
Please tell me exact tablets or mrdicine cream name and what should i do if it does noy work properly and i want resolution as soon as possible
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. You may use these medicines Moisturiser- cetaphil Steroid cream- momate/momoz/topcort/ dermanex. All these are brands of mometasone, use whichever is available Sunscreen- shadowz/ultraguard/ photoban/ rivela etc Kojic acid cream- kojivit/ clearz plus/ carofit ultra etc Hope this answers your query. Take care