Mega-3, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid tablets. Recommended?

ENT Specialist
I am resident of India & at age 29.
Is it good to take mega-3 (eicosapentaenoc acid/docosahexaenoc acid) tablets from Dr Reddy's labs, india.
I read that this tablets are highly acidic in nature. if you put liquid from one capsule into thermocol, after some time the drop portion of thermocol gets vanished.
pls advise which tables to take for omega 3, any web site to order ?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Every drug has some side effects, and it is the duty of doctor to judge b/w the need of drug to the body and its side effects.

Now coming up to the point, omega-3/6641" >omega 3 fatty acids are very essential to the body.I would like to discuss its uses.

1-High cholesterol--- It increases the level of HDL(GOOD FAT), And decreases LDL and VLDL( HARMFUL FATTY ACID.)

2-High blood pressure---reduce blood pressure in people with untreated hypertension.

3-Heart disease--One of the best ways to help prevent heart disease is to eat a diet low in saturated fat and to eat foods that are XXXXXXX in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (including omega-3 fatty acids).

4-Diabetes---People with diabetes often have high triglyceride and low HDL levels. Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil can help lower triglycerides

5-Rheumatoid arthritis--- STOPS ITS PROGRESSION.

6-Osteoporosis--help increase levels of calcium in the body and improve bone strength.

7-DEPRESSION--helps in relieving the symptoms.

These are the common advantages of omega 3 fatty acids.

Now as far as its acidity is concerned, no need to worry, our alimentary tract is well protected with mucosa, even strongest acid doesn't harm it.

If you feel symptoms of acidity, then take some antacid tablet orally along with this.

Hope my answer was helpful to you. If you have any more concerns, I am available for follow ups.