Medicines for child's throat pain?
User rating for this question
my doctor is 4 yrs old and complaining severe throat pain.. no doctors around today. could you prescribe medicines?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: paracetamol Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXX, We do not encourage prescription of drugs without having a look at the patient. But I will make an exception this time. You can give paracetamol to your daughter. It is a safe pain killer. Trade names are crocin, calpol. Calculation of the dose is very important. Give her 15 mg per kg of her body weight. For example if she is 18 kgs then you have to give her 18 multiplied by 15 = 270mg , you can round that off to 250mg. You can buy syrup crocin of the strength 250mg / 5ml. For a child that weighs 18kgs you have to give 5ml. Calculate her dose accordingly. Paracetamol should be given after food. You can give a XXXXXXX of 4 doses in 24hrs with a gap of 6 hrs between 2 doses. She is probably coming down with a throat infection. give her lots of warm fluids like soups. Avoid airconditioning and cold foods. you should meet with a doctor first thing in the morning. do not continue giving paracetamol without meeting a doctor. regards, dr rajkishori godhi.
People also viewed
- Biore nose pore strips
- Have problem in hearing after jumping into water
- Sore throat lost voice throat pain ear pain medicine ineffective
- How safe is taking erythromycin for tonsillitis
- Why biopsy during endoscopy
- Have problem of singing upper notes because of xymoheal
- What is cause and symptoms for granular pharyngitis
- Scar tissue from biopsy
- Lung biopsy results inconclusive
- Azithral medicine for throat pain
- Suggest treatment for sudden ear bleeding
- Medicines for childs throat pain
- Azithral liquid medicine throat sore pain child
- How painful is endometrial biopsy
- Looking medicine for throat pain and throat infection