Medicine to relieve burning sensation after taking syrup for constipation?
User rating for this question
i am having constipation since 5 days .i have used some syrup to clear it. i have tried hard to discharge stool. from then i have very much burning sensation and not able to tolerate. could you please suggest some medicine for immediate relief.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 33 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the query. Constipation and hard straining for stools causes a small cut in anal area called fissure in ano. This can be treated by following measures 1) Do not strain for stool (most important) 2) drink plenty of water (avoid if your heart doctor has advised against it) 3) Can take cremaffin syrup 15 ml twice a day can titrate dose to have soft stools twice a day. This is available over the counter. 4) apply ointment like lox or shield thrice a day in anal area for 5 days 5) take high fibre diet like salads and fruits. Can take paracetamol 500 mg twice or thrice a day to alleviate pain for 3 days (available over the counter) If symptoms persist or you develop bleeding in stools then need to see a gastroenterologist soon. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help.
People also viewed
- Constipation medicine bowel movements
- Stomach main gas ka ghreelo totaka
- Getting rid of post surgical gas
- Getting rid of upper gi gas
- Gas pains vs gastitis
- Lot of gas since gaining weight
- Front lower ribs are tender to the touch
- Getting drunk easily symptoms
- Gerd patient to avoid ab exercises
- Gastritis cause leukopenia
- Suggest medicines for bad constipation
- Medicine for bloating and constipation
- Gastric balloon vomiting
- Constipation nausea after taking medicines for fever solution
- Medicine to relieve burning sensation after taking syrup for constipation