Medicine to prepone periods

I am 30 yrs old. i want to prepone my periods, my date is on 25th but i want to pre-pone by 5 days, please suggest me some medicine. I am having pineapple juice, parsley tea but till date i have not got my periods.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Usually for preponing the periods hormonal preparations are given for a week to 10 days before depending for how long you want to prepone the period.

Since you want the periods in a day or two it is quite late now to induce them by means of medication.

You can consider delaying them by a week now if it is suitable.For this Primolut N is given twice daily till the time you want to delay and not more than 15 days.After stopping them drug usually periods start in 3 to 4 days.Its use is associated with side effects as nausea,vomitting,tiredness,headache etc.

You can discuss this with a Gynaecologist regarding this and get a prescription for the same.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.