Medicine for raised serum phosphorus, cholesterol, VLDL, LDL and uric acid?

Sep 2012

after seeing my report suggest me medicine
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a query.

I am discussing your report first. Then I shall tell you about the medicines that can be considered.

Firstly, vitamin D level in blood is lower than required according to the age and sex. Serum phosphorus is marginally raised. This can lead to bone destruction which causes generalized body ache.

Cholesterol, VLDL, LDL, Triglyceride all increased. It causes increased risk of coronary artery disease and cerebral infarction.

Uric acid is increased.

In liver function test, the SGPT is increased. It is nonspecific. But it indicates a hepatocellular injury.

Other tests are within normal limit.

Now, you have to do the followings.
1.     First and foremost – change the diet in low fat containing diet.
2.     Do some physical exercise daily. Walk for minimum 30 minutes 3 days a week.
3.     For low vitamin D level you have to take cholecalciferol group of supplements.
4.      For increased lipid profile, you should take combination of atorvastatin and fenofibrate group of drug.
5.     For increased uric acid level, you have to take allopurinol group of drug.
6.     For increased enzyme level, you have to take liver protecting drugs like sorbitol group of drug.

Lastly, you should consult with your treating doctor for clinical correlation of the report (most important) and for prescribing appropriate drugs.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.