Medical test done for GGT, ALK, ASP and ALT. How to reduce these levels? Should I be concerned?

I am 62 & I had a medical last week & my GGT was 155, ALK 134, ASP 42.6 & ALT 61.6 - is there a cause for concern & how do I reduce them. My medical was for a new job (Office job) could this be a reason to fail me. My ECG, BP, Chest X-Ray, Uric Acid, etc were all fine
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 24 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Before answering your query I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to advise you.
Are you consuming alcohol excessively?
Are you over weight?
Do you regularly take any medications like anti seizure medicines or anti cholesterol medicines?
Is there any sign of hyperthyroidism like palpitations,sweating,loss of weight or increased appetite?
is there any history of liver disease?

Please supply these informations so that I can proceed ahead.
Follow-up: Medical test done for GGT, ALK, ASP and ALT. How to reduce these levels? Should I be concerned? 14 minutes later
To answer your question:-

I have 2 or 3 beers a night socially after work
My BMI is 29.8
I do not take any medicines & I do not smoke at all
There is no sign of palpitations, sweating, loss of weight or increased appetite
I have no history of liver discease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Your history suggests that primary reasons for your high GGT. And ALT are alcoholism and to some extent your being overweight.
Although these should not fail you in getting your new job,however I advise you to reduce your weight and stop taking your beers as uncontrolled alcohol may lead to liver inflammation and cirrohsis subsequently.