Medical test done. What does the values signify? What should I do?

186 lbs
crea is 1.4
occult blood is 3+
protein is 2+
uric acid is 133
cholesterol are all ok
daily blood pressure is below normal
blood sugar test are normal
should i worry?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Your lab reports mentioned show a slightly high creatinine levels with proteinuria and occult blood positive. These findings suggest presence of a kidney condition probably a glomerular disease. I need to know from you few things:

1. Why the tests were done (symptoms) and duration of illness before getting these tests?
2. Was kidney biopsy done?
3. Serum Immunoglobulin A (IgA) levels / Antinuclear antibody (ANA) / C3 / XXXXXXX levels if done
5. What has been the trend of serum creatinine over the past 6 months?
6. The details of urine routine examination and the number of RBC in the urine
7. Urine protein quantification
8. Presence of any viral infections (Hep B , Hep C, Retrovirus)

All this information or any of this information if available will help in narrow down the possible renal diagnosis.

From the limited information provided here, the close possibility which I can think of is IgA nephropathy which is not such a bad or aggressive disease.

Kindly revert with above information

Follow-up: Medical test done. What does the values signify? What should I do? 15 hours later
thank you very much dr bansal.
1 . i don't have any symtom. i just do it at least twice year coz i,m a chronic worrier.
2 . no biopsy done
3 . i don't have these levels done
4 . i think my crea was 1.3 last time
5 . RBC (taken XXXXXXX 2012) 20-40
6 . no details
7 . hep A AB, total - reactive

is there any medication dr to lower down my crea level?
thank you
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 11 hours later

With what you have told the diagnosis appears to be Chronic glomerulonephritis (CGN). You should understand that this is irreversible progressive disease.

The treatment is aimed at reducing rate of progression. This is done with the help of fish oil and other nonspecific agents like sodium bicarbonate, if there is acidosis in blood tests, keto amino acid tablets. Control of blood pressure to keep it under 120/80 is also crucial to reduce the rate of progression. Your doctor can may give you advice on diet, salt intake.

It still may be worth to go for a kidney biopsy in consultation with your doctor there if kidney sizes are good on ultrasound. - this may help in identifying any other medicine which can improve your disease.

Serum creatinine is just a reflection of the kidney function. There is no medicine to 'decrease serum creatinine level XXXXXXX but there are medicines to treat some of the kidney disorders which are affecting the kidney and making the creatinine to rise. So identification of the specific kidney disorder is of importance.

Your treatment is according to the standards set.

In case of any further query do write in.