Medical check up showed BP 140/80, fasting sugar level 104 and cholesterol level 185. Any advice?

Dear Doctor
I had undergone medical check up under health care supervision at SRL
I am aged 50 years
My weight is 90 kgs and height is 175 cms. My BMI value is around 32.
My B P is 140/80.
Random sugur level is 104(Fasting)
Cholesterol level 185
Here i am sending report as attachment

Kindly give me medical advice
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your sugar and cholesterol are borderline.
You need further tests – for getting proper advice
– (GTT) Glucose Tolerance Test / Sugar fasting /1, 2 & 3 hours after drinking 75 Grams of glucose
LIPID PROFILE / There are subdivisions of cholesterol like LDL, HDL as also Triglyceride and so on.

You are obese – You have to reduce your WEIGHT drastically.

Diet and Exercise are the cornerstones.
The most important aspect is DIET. You need both quantitative and qualitative changes. You have to see a Dietician – you will need several sessions to get a good grasp – Calories, food Exchanges, Glycemic Index, Saturated and UNsaturated Fats, role of Salt and so on
You should EXERCISE regularly – at least 20 minutes a day / 5 days a week.

Your blood PRESSURE needs to come down further. You may add ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blocker). They are available as a single tablet in combination with your other drug amlodipine(Stamlo).

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck