Medical abortion done. Found faint line on pregnancy test kit after few days. Incomplete abortion?

dear sir,i had medical abortion on feb 8th .i had heavy bleeding for initial 3 days and it lasted till feb 14th .By march 5th my periods started .it continued normally for 4 days.Now on March 13th i just checked through preganancy test .it shows one thick clear line and one faint line which is not clear.
pls tell me wat does its mean? whether abortion had not happened properly ? what is the solution
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your questions.

While medical abortions are actually quite effective, and you had the expected bleeding afterwards, there is always a concern about the pregnancies where it did not work OR the pregnancies that have occurred in the tube (called an ectopic pregnancy). Given this slight concern over failure of the method or location of the original pregnancy, the best thing to do would be:
1. See your doctor about a blood test (HCG) to see what the level is
2. Ask whether an ultrasound is indicated
It is not necessary to tell them about the medical abortion unless you are comfortable with that. It could just be considered a miscarriage where you did not know what exactly was going on.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Follow-up: Medical abortion done. Found faint line on pregnancy test kit after few days. Incomplete abortion? 44 minutes later
thanks sir!!!

As a general doubt tell me for how many days the test can show positive after this medical abortion?

If i consulted doctor will they ask for doing D&C now?

Whether i will be having any problems in my future preganancy?
Can you tell me how far along you were in the pregnancy? If you do not know, can you tell me the first day of your last period before the pregnancy?
Follow-up: Medical abortion done. Found faint line on pregnancy test kit after few days. Incomplete abortion? 19 hours later
when i consulted doctor for abortion they told me to take pelvis test to check the number of days of was on 49th day( all were normal in test). i had 3 tablets from dotor clinic and one main tablet on 10th feb.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 hours later
We usually count pregnancies from the first day of your last period. The 49th day would mean a pregnancy at 7 weeks gestation. It sounds like the medication regimen was a typical regimen.

You still need to consult a doctor and I would again reinforce the same recommendations that I made earlier. A pregnancy test can remain positive for several weeks after the miscarriage.

I am not sure what a doctor would do, but a D&C might be indicated if there is any concern that there is anything left in the uterus - we call them 'retained products of conception'.

Everything that you have been through should not pose a problem with future pregnancies - based on the very limited information we have gone over.

I hope this helps. Please consider again what I stated above. Good luck!