Measures to overcome sharp pain on the left of head?

a sharp pain in left side of head occur? how i can overcome?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 minutes later

Treatment for headache depends on the exact cause responsible. I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand better, narrow down the possibilities and advice you specifically.

Since when do you have the headache?
How frequent are the headache episodes?
Are there any associated features like nausea, blurring of vision, nasal stuffiness or neck pain?
Have you tried any medications?

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Measures to overcome sharp pain on the left of head? 11 minutes later
from past two year almost 5-6 times in a month but not that sharp as it today, i have used disprin most of the times to overcome the i do not have any type of nausea, blurring of vision,nasal stuffiness or neck pain.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on your history I suspect your headache to be due to vascular origin.

Painkillers like Disprin may not help here.

I suggest you to take medications like Ergotamine or Ergotamine caffeine combination. The dosage of which has o be decided on clinical examination, hence do consult your treating doctor and discuss about the same and get the medication prescribed.

Avoid stress, practice mind relaxation exercises like Meditation and yoga. Aerobic exercises are also beneficial.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Measures to overcome sharp pain on the left of head? 8 hours later
please define me the vascular origin.when i used the disprin pain was get down.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

By vascular origin I mean, the pain arises due to blood vessel pathology. Here there could be sudden dilatation or constriction of the blood vessels leading to pain.

Though Disprin halts the pain mechanism and provides you relief from pain, it will not stop the underlying blood vessel pathology. This may result in recurrences. Hence, Ergotamine would be a better choice.

Wish you good health.