Meaning of nuchal translucency and fetus with changing presentation in scan?

May 2013
Hello Doctor, I am 13 weeks pregnant now. My LMP is 07.11.2013. I had my regular check up on 11-02-2014 where doctor advised me to go for an abdominal scan to detect Down's syndrome. The report reads as follows" Nuchal Translucency 1.1 mm. Liquor is adequate. Single live intra-uterine fetus with changing presentation is seen with the heart beat rate of 170/min". Could you please explain me on this result and what actually "changing presentation" means and also whether the nuchal translucency is normal becuase my doctor did not say anything to me. So could you please clear my doubts. Thank You
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound findings are normal Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. During early gestation because of comparatively smaller size of the baby, it will be moving freely in amniotic fluid. This is the reason for changing position of the baby. At around 13 weeks of gestation nuchal translucency upto 2.8mm can be taken as normal. Usually nuchal translucency should be measured when the baby is stable. May be because of that your doctor mentioned that baby is changing position. But there may not be major difference in NT value depending on the position of the baby. Anyhow as your NT is within normal levels and as you are not having specific risk factors, no need to worry. Your other ultrasound findings are normal. Hope I answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.