Meaning of cervical fibroid with vascularity as shown in sonohysteragram?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Hi. I recently had a sonohysteragram that said I had underlying adenomyosis and a cervical fibroid with vascularity 2.1*1.2*2.0 cm. uterus is enlarged, ovaries appear normal. What is a cervical fibroid with vascularity? I've had the fibroid for awhile but it's only been the past month of so that the scan shows vascularity. How Concerning is this? My cervix feels very irritated as well. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont be worry. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Cervical myomas are non-cancerous tumors in the cervix or lower part of the uterus. Myomas are tumors made of muscle tissue. Vascularity is not a bad sign but can be used for treatment of fibroids with embolization method. Adenomyosis occurs when endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, exists within and grows into the muscular wall of the uterus. Treatment of these two pathologies depends on the symptoms that you have. Take care of your self
Follow-up: Meaning of cervical fibroid with vascularity as shown in sonohysteragram? 1 hour later
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I've had this fibroid for awhile but none of the previous reports have indicated there was vascularity associated with it. Can vascularity occur at any point in time? Thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 14 hours later
Brief Answer: May have predictable value in growth rate Detailed Answer: Hello! I told you " dont need to worry " because vascularity of fibroids isnt a sign that it can be malignant or become malignant (cancer) ,but may have predictable value in growth rate evaluation of the benign uterine mass. Usually, the flow to the fibroid tumor is substantially increased. Perifibroid arteries are larger in diameter than are those that supply normal tissue. The tumor itself is relatively hypovascular, and its interior is supplied by small centripetal arteries that originate in a rich perifibroid arterial plexus . Take care of your self