Masturbation,weak erection,low semen quantity

Oncologist
Question
I am 32 years old male and have been masturbating daily sometimes 3-4 times a day. Now I see that my erection does not last for more than 10-15 mins and the semen quantity has reduced. My sperm count is 20 million and Grade III and IV at 10%. What medication can I use to prolong the erection to 30 mins.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 33 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Let me provide you with some information and suggestion as to how to address this concern. To summarize, you are a healthy young male with a very health appetite for sexual release and are looking to optimize function.

Related to the semen quantity, this has to be taken in to consideration related to a couple of things. The first thing is frequency of ejaculation. This will significantly reduce the quantity of semen if one ejaculates more than once or twice per day. Have you tried taking a break from masturbation for a day or two and then re-evaluating for this? This might be one way you could check it. In addition, hydration affects semen production as well. If you are not drinking adequate liquids the semen can become more concentrated and sometimes more thick.

As for the duration of erections this again may be affected by frequency of masturbation. If you masturbate once or twice per day you may appreciate a longer and stronger erection period. In addition as we get into our 30s as far as age goes, the lengthof duration of erection does tend to decrease to a certain degree. Smoking cigarettes, marijuana and drinking alcohol have an affect on this as well. If the testosterone level is low this can affect the duration as well. This can be checked via a simple blood test.

Now, to prolong the erection, Viagra or sildenafil, Cialis and Levitra have all been used with fairly good success and minimal side effects. There is even a daily use cialis. Check with your pharmacist if they are available over the counter, else you require a prescription from a doctor. These are classically prescribed for erectile dysfunction but have been used to increase potency as well. There are some herbal supplements which have been advertised but i have not met a patient who has given me good feedback on any of them.

Again I thank you for your question. I hope my response has been both adequate and informative. Should you have additional concerns, I am available to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: Masturbation,weak erection,low semen quantity 15 hours later
I am taking an Indian version Sildenafil Citrate - 50mg tablet (Manforce 50 mg) I have observed that after I take the tab the period of ejaculation is elongated and not occurred even after 10-15 mins. I am still having intercourse but don't know if erection has gone or not. Is the delayed ejaculation a problem and as I want to be a father I am having intercourse 3 times a week and would it be a problem if I take the tablet every time I have intercourse. With regards to herbal products there is one widely advertised product Musli Power Extra (http://www.muslipowerxtramusli.com/) do you have any opinion on that.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 hours later
Hello and thanks for your followup.

I see no problem if you take the Manforce every time you have intercourse for the time being. This is especially true since you are working on building your family with the addition of a child. I do not know if it is biochemically identical to Viagra but if you appreciate good results with it then I am sure it is close in chemical structure.

I have to admit that I am skeptical about the Musli Power product. There are literally hundreds of companies which have created products with no therapeutic efficacy which are sold to millions of people worldwide. The manufacturers know that many men and women who wish to increase potency will spend alot of money to do so. I cannot recommend this product for you. I will share one link with you as well as I see it is much more difficult to find a negative review of this product online becuase the manufacturers have saturated the internet with positive propaganda.

The link is:
WWW.WWWW.WW
I hope this has again been helpful for you.

I wish you all the best and continued good health.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga