Masturbation,peeling skin,bleeding,red,scabbed.STD?

I have a tiny rubbing off of skin from masturbation a week ago, its not bleeding but its a bit red and skin came off, it scabbed over but condom friction made it raw again, do i have a higher risk of STD if i have normal sex with a condom?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

If you have sex with a condom which covers the area of the injury, then the chances of getting an STD are minimal. But the friction encountered during the sex may re-injure the area and remove the newly formed scab and it might then take longer to heal.

It is best if you refrain yourself from sexual activities till the area is healed properly.

You can apply neosporin or bacitracin ointment, wear cotton loose fitting underwears and keep the area clean to minimize the chances of infection.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.