Masturbation,burning clitoris,swollen.Friction burn?

Question
Hi, yesterday I was with my boyfriend and he was rubbing my vaginal and clitoris area over my clothes (underwear and loose pants on.) It was kind of rough and when I went home to pee, the outside area where my clitoris is burned. It was really bad yesterday. Today it feels swollen but the burning isn't as severe as yesterday but still burns. Is this friction burn? And what cream can I buy or what I can I do so it heals fasters and doesn't hurt as much?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 minutes later

From the symptoms that you described, it looks like friction rub or chafing which occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing against other skin or against a foreign material.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness and soreness:
1)     Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material.

2)     Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3)     You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

4)     Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Masturbation,burning clitoris,swollen.Friction burn? 41 minutes later
Hello,okay, thank you so much. So I read online Vagisil Satin Anti-Itch cream would be good for it, would this be okay to use on the vaginal and clitoris area?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 15 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Vagisil satin anti itch cream is used for rashes from razor burn from shaving or bikini waxing or irritation from soap or detergent, tight clothing, a wet bathing suit, allergic reaction, soaps, detergent, sexual activity and vaginal or vulvar dryness.

You can use this cream but only after medical supervision as there are chances that it may cause contact dermatitis and aggravate the symptoms. Instead firstly try using the calamine lotion which does not cause allergy.