Masturbation, painful erection for a while. Cause and treatment, advsie?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
hi
i am 21 yrs. i am masturbating from past 8yrs. from last 7 yrs i didn't have an problem but when i get an erection it is bit painful (during that erection)for some time and after around 2mins i don't feel the pain that is after erection.

Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 3 hours later
Hi there.

Do you have any burning sensation on passing urine ?

Any trauma sustained to penis ?

According to clinical picture this appears to be possible urinary infection or past trauma to penis which can be due to forceful masturbation or other causes.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. You must drink 2-3 litres of water daily. Take a tablet Paracetamol 500mg twice a day after meal for a week, under medical supervision. Avoid masturbation for this time and sexual intercourse.

If the pain does not reduce after this one week, you need to consult Urologist to examine for any other issue like nodule, stricture, fibrotic disease etc. Also urine test may be needed to look for infection or bleeding.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Masturbation, painful erection for a while. Cause and treatment, advsie? 44 hours later
hi
yes doctor you're right. i do forceful masturbation.i sleep my face facing towards the bed.

i actually rub it against the bed to get the sexual pleasure.however i do not see any pain while urinating or blood coming out. my day to day activity remains fine except for pain during getting erection. once i get the erection i don't experience any pain.

i think it may be trauma to penis as i don't experience any pain while urinating. i urinate around 6-7 times a day.

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 minutes later
Hi there.

Since trauma to penis is the most likely cause, kindly avoid masturbation for few days till it heals. You can apply Neosporin ointment to the red, painful areas of penis, 3 times a day for 5 days.

Kindly avoid trauma to penis in any way otherwise severe injury can make penis lose sensitivity and you may not enjoy sex later.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Masturbation, painful erection for a while. Cause and treatment, advsie? 1 hour later
hi
thanks for the advice. i am now practicing some yoga/meditation to come out of
masturbation.

i also experience hair loss , back pain,and tired always.is it due to masturbation?

i heard that semen contains all nutrient extracts which when lost excessively(due to masturbation or sex) causes hair loss,less energy,tiredness etc. is it true?

what should i do to stop hair loss due to this reason and bring back my energy?

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi there.

Loss of hair, tiredness, feeling of lack of energy is due to stress and lack of exercise and sleep. Kindly practice Yoga and also eat balanced diet and get adequate sleep everyday. Please follow tips as mentioned above.

Semen contains few nutrients in very small amount only for the sperm to be alive and energetic for reproduction reasons. Masturbation does not cause loss of energy, hairfall, tiredness or weakness.

Kindly adopt a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy, exercise daily to get good strength and stamina.

Wishing good health.

Follow-up: Masturbation, painful erection for a while. Cause and treatment, advsie? 11 days later

during erection penis is curved towards left side . i am afraid i have got peyronie's disease. Also the pain during erection.

is there any oral cure for peyronie's disease?

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 minutes later
Hi there.

Normally penis has a curve. Unless there is abnormal curve which makes sex difficult it can be due to Peyronie's disease.

It is best you consult a Surgeon to look for such abnormality.

There is no effective oral cure. Mostly surgical methods help.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing good health.

Follow-up: Masturbation, painful erection for a while. Cause and treatment, advsie? 6 minutes later
do i have to consult an urologist?

the curve is seen only if i get an erection. how will the urologist diagnose my problem?

do you recommend traction device to straighten penis?

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 24 hours later
Hi there.

You may consult a Urologist if there is excessive curve of penis which is causing severe pain and difficulty in performing sexual intercourse.

Traction is less widely used method. The Urologist will evaluate and decide best management but commonly for severe cases only surgical methods will help.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing good health.