Masturbation addiction, unable to stop, performed before sleeping. Treatment ?

Sexologist
Question
i am sufferering from an addiction type of problem. i used to musterbate twice daily and now it became a habbit, i can't stop musterbating. i used to musterbate usually when i go to bed for sleeping... i am doing this for last 3 years and i am 21 years old now. i could try and leave the habbit for XXXXXXX of 3 days.. i want some kind of treatment or medicine to get rid of this habbit
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 19 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query .

As I could understand from your query is that you are very much worried about the bad effects of masturbation.

I should state that masturbation is a normal and safest method of relieving sexual feelings and having pleasure in both men and women.

Masturbation will not cause any health problems at present or in the future.

The desire for masturbation or intercourse is the effect of hormone testosterone. Since you are having desire for masturbation which means that your hormonal level is normal.

Anything in excess is not recommended. Excess masturbation is defined as, if it affects day to day activities. Excess masturbation occurs because of idle mind and body. In that case, you can divert your mind by engaging more in studies or in other activities like yoga or other hobbies.

Since you are perfectly normal and the only thing abnormal is that you are too much worried about masturbation, I do not advice you to take any medication to get rid of a normal physiological function.

Hope I cleared all your doubts. I am still available for follow up.

With regards.

Follow-up: Masturbation addiction, unable to stop, performed before sleeping. Treatment ? 35 minutes later
thats why i consult psychiatrist, so that can get rid of the habbit.. yeah offcourse its normal but musterbating twice daily for 3 yrs is not normal, or in case if its normal then why i cant stop musterbating for 1 single night. my mind form the habbit of musterbatting just like every time u go to wash your hand the soap automatically comes to u , you dont have to think that,,,, i have tried every other method or hobby but it doesnot work.. i am not asking you to reduce my testosterone , i am asking medicine for my mental problem( the habbit which i form)... for ur information i musterbate when i go to bed for sleeping....

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 26 hours later
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back again.

The normality of the frequency of masturbation changes with person to person just like the ability of a man to have sexual intercourse differ with man to man. Some man can do sexual intercourse twice or thrice a day. Some men cannot do more than once in a day. These depend on so many factors including the hormone testosterone. So do not bother that you are doing masturbation twice daily.

Sexual Health is an important aspect of Health. Sexual act (either masturbation or intercourse) is considered as one of the most effective solution for relieving stress.

You can get your doctor prescribe Tab. Alprazolam 5mg at night for a week to relieve your mental agony.

Hope I have cleared all your doubts. I will be available for further queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Masturbation addiction, unable to stop, performed before sleeping. Treatment ? 1 hour later
i donot want to go to a doctor for prescription, i will not able to explin him all my problem,, so i contact u online,. what is the name of tablet that i will get for Alprazolam??. AS a doctor can u give a prescription to me so that i get the drug?? if yes sent me at YYYY@YYYY . will this medicine cause any problem to me , anyways i want to get relief from my habbit.. where i will get the medicine,, what i should tell to pharmacist???

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 25 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. It is not a OTC medication, as this medication may be habit-forming and should be used only by prescription after physical examination.

I am very sorry but, you need to get the prescription from any general practitioner in your locality.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: Masturbation addiction, unable to stop, performed before sleeping. Treatment ? 2 hours later
i will not go to doctor... plz understand how do i tell them that i musterbate...leave it to me i will buy from any local pharmacy ..plz tell the drug name i will try it for XXXXXXX of 1 week

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.

The drug name (Generic Name) is Alprazolam 0.5mg at night just before going to sleep x 7 days.You should take after consulting physician.

This is to reduce the anxiety regarding masturbation.

Hope I have cleared all your queries.