Masturbation, acidity, heartburn, body pain

when every time i masturbate i am getting acidity problem next day, is this due to some deficiency caused by masturbation? Also i am getting body pain and heartburn.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 19 minutes later

Masturbation is a normal physiological act done by many males across the world.By and large it can not lead to any health problems.

In my opinion the acidity problem that you are having the next after masturbation is just a co-incidence.There is no medical reason for it.

One remote possibility that may explain this is:

You have some guilt in your mind about masturbation,like this is not good for your health and will affect your growth etc.(This normally comes from peer group or some quacks spread this words.) This leads to anxiety in your mind and anxiety is known to cause gastric disturbances.

Please do not worry,please get in touch with a Gastroenterologist for proper evaluation of your acidity and get treated for this.He may ask for some investigation like sonogram,endoscopy etc.You need take a course of medicines and you will be fine.

I repeat my words again,masturbation is not harmful and can not lead to acidity.
Just relax, and please consult a doctor.

Take good food,avoid junk food and please avoid tobacco in any form.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.