Masturbating since childhood. No erection in second relationship. Due to the masturbation habits?

Dermatologist
Question
hi, im 22 years old and have been masturbating since i was around 10 years old. i was in a 4 year relationship with no problems trying to get hard and keeping hard. recently i had another girlfriend and when we try to have sex i have an extremely hard time getting an erection... if any! if i do get an erection it will go back down in seconds or minutes. is this due to extreme masturbation? or is this all in my head? i have no problem getting an erection when i masturbate
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 4 hours later

I went through your history. Masturbation is a physiological instinct and relaxes your mind and body. It is almost equal to sexual act. It does not damage the sex organ and does not impair sexual functions.

Since you are able to have good erections while masturbation, I do not see any major problem here. This problem may be attributed to change in sex partner or spending less time in foreplay.

I suggest you to try some regular exercises; include plenty of fresh fruits in your diet and spend time in foreplay.
Avoid alcohol if any and avoid multiple partners. This will help you.
If you still continue to have problems don't hesitate to consult your psychiatrist for evaluation. He may suggest you some training exercises and medications briefly to help you regain your confidence.

Hope this helps. Should you have any additional concerns, feel free to post your queries. I will be glad to assist you further.

Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Masturbating since childhood. No erection in second relationship. Due to the masturbation habits? 49 minutes later
thank you! that is relieving that its mainly in my head. but one more question about masturbation. if done excessively. will it lead to premature ejaculation? is there any medication for PE?

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 10 minutes later
Thanks for getting back.
I would like to reassure you that masturbation is a healthy habit and will not cause premature ejaculation. Further, premature ejaculation occurs due to psychological causes and thus psychotherapy is the main stay of treatment. Other techniques like the Stop and Restart technique and Kegel's exercises are also used sometimes.
Dapoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, is used for its treatment but only after psychotherapy has been done. This is a prescription drug and I would suggest you see your treating physician about this.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Follow-up: Masturbating since childhood. No erection in second relationship. Due to the masturbation habits? 39 minutes later
thanks a ton. appreciate it