Masturbating since a long time. Suffer no penis erection, lower sperm count and pain in body. Related to masturbation?

Question
i am masturabating for past 10 years daily. sometimes i used to masturbate 4-5 times a day. now i am getting problems like no penis erection, lower sperm count,pain in my body like head,nerves. is masturbation harm my brain, nervous system and kidneys?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No. It do not harm. Cause could be something else.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Masturbation is normal human behaviour and it does not cause physical injury or harm to the body.

Masturbation does not harm your brain, nervous system or kidneys.

The cause for low sperm count could be some thing else.

Few causes are
1. Varicocele - swollen, varicose vein located in the scrotum. It is not uncommon for men to have a varicocele and roughly 15% of men have one.
It may be corrected surgically.

2. Heat exposure - Our testis lies outside of the body in order to keep the testicles cool to protect sperm from dying from the heat.
On exposure to high heat, the production of sperm and count is affected.
If you are working in hot place, please change your workplace.
Try to avoid placing of laptop in lap.

3. Retrograde ejaculation - It occurs when semen doesn't follow the usual course and eject out of the urethra, but instead, enters the bladder during masturbation. This condition is seen in some diabetic patients

4. Infection - Infection in testis and genital tract may block or decrease your sperm count.

5. Alcohol and smoking also reduces the sperm count.

As far as erection failure is concerned, it is normal at times.

If it occurs many times , then you must investigate for following diseases
1. Diabetes mellitus - Check blood sugar and HbA1c.
2. Thyroid problems- Check thyroid horme levels in bllod.
3. Spinal cord problems - Do CT and MRI spine to rule out any spinal problems.
4. Alcohol abuse and smoking.
Stress and fear as well as doubt about sexual pleasure are the most common cause of erection failure.

I would like to assure that masturbation does not cause any ill health. Try to investigate for above said diseases.
Try Yoga and meditation.
Eat healthy and drink plenty of fluids.
Then please consult a Psychiatrist to relieve your stress and fear regarding the Sexual problems.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.