Masturbating a long time after an erection can result in problem?

Psychiatrist
Question
when i do not have sex in the night with my wife for some reason , it can be a fight or bad mood or she may not like something which i do during foreplay and in the night i have an errection and i do not masturbate at that time . maybe because my wife refuses or we fight or i am too drunk to go and masturbate after a fight ,then in the morning while taking a shower i masturbate, is it a serious problem? please reply
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 41 minutes later

Important aspects of your query are:

•     34 year old male
•     Complaints of: worry related to masturbation

Masturbation is not harmful for health and more than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 3-4 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it.

It is usual to experience weakness after masturbation as it is a physical and emotional exercise. Weakness after masturbation usually last for 1 hr; but if masturbation is associated with guilt of masturbation then it can last longer because of psychological reasons. But believe me it does not have any effect on health.

Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect health, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and anxiety.

Final message: “Do not worry and enjoy masturbation. Whenever you do, do it without any guilt”.

I hope this answer your query.

Wish you good health.