Massive haemophilus vaginalis infestation, vaginal infection, abnormal flora, vaginal mucosa

Question
Hi, I am 44. year old and have diagnose Report: "THIS CERVICAL SMEAR SHOWS MASSIVE HAEMOPHILUS VAGINALIS INFESTATION THROUGHOUT THE SMEAR WITH MILD ONLY INFLAMMATION"
Diagnosis: " REACTIVE CELLULAR CHANGES WITH PREDOMINANCE OF HAEMOPHILUS.
Dr. give me Zindolin-500 Ciprofloxacin to take for 5.days in 12.hrs.together with vaginal gel Zidoval 7,5 mg.Metronidazole 0.75% - also for 5.days. and after my period to reapet the same medicine for other 5.days.
The days i use medicine i have strong pein.(i still have mild pain)!!!!
My question is: is it the tretman right? and if i get this for my partner, did he also need medicine? or how i get this infection?
With respect....
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query,

The swab report indicates that you have a vaginal infection.Its commonly called bacterial vaginosis.H. Vaginilis is the most common bacteria to cause this.Your infection is pretty severe.The treatment is antibiotics which you are receiving.
Metronidazole/clindamycin are the common drugs used.You need at least 5-6 days treatment before you see any improvement.The pain will reduce if the antibiotics work.
It caused due to alteration of vaginal flora.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Massive haemophilus vaginalis infestation, vaginal infection, abnormal flora, vaginal mucosa 12 hours later
my question is: this infection come alone or i get for my partner? if it is from my partner did he have to also use some medicine?
did infection can come back?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
This infection doesnt occur in men.Its may be associated to sexually transmitted diseases but may not be by sexual contact.Occurs due to abnormal flora in the vaginal mucosa.Common with multiple partners,use of sex toys etc.You will need treatment but your partner will not be affected.
It can recur.