Mass of tissue near testicle, painful. What is it?

Sep 2012

I have a what feels like a small mass of tissue near my right testicle which appears to be attached-It hurts when you squeeze it
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates presence of a nodular swelling over your right testicle. It may be an epidermal inclusion cyst, an infectious condition like herpes, a benign skin lesion or other adnexal lesions. Or rarely, it may be the enlarged epididymis.

Now, for a definite diagnosis, you have to consult with a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination. Position, size, shape, consistency, trans illumination, relation to the underlying structure of the swelling are all necessary points. Depending upon these, a definite diagnosis can be reached.

In case of any problem, an ultrasound scan is necessary for its proper characterization.

So, just from your description, no one can say what actually it is. I think you can understand.

So, consult with a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination and also for further management.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Mass of tissue near testicle, painful. What is it? 7 minutes later
Two issues-this soft mass is in the scrotum near the right testicle(I did not say that iniatially-Are these sometimes cancer? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 26 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, i can understand your concern.

As i have already told you, it is not possible to comment on the nature of this lesion, just from your description.

But, what i can assure you that, it doesn't sounds like a cancer. because, in that case, the swelling should be rapidly growing and you should have some other complications.

For this reason, i have mentioned that it may be a benign lesion. All the possibilities i have told are all benign.

But, keeping your age in mind, i suggest you to visit a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination for exact categorization of the swelling.

So, visit a general surgeon.

Hope, you have your answers.