Mass in thymus, trouble swallowing, chest pain. Should I worry about this?

Question
hello I have a mass size of baseball in my thymus. I been having trouble swallowing when eating, food get stuck and ill need a drink to get it down, and been getting chest pain time to time. it been since XXXXXXX since I found about the mass. the doctors here said it is not doing anything so they where said come back in a year for ct scan. should i worry about this mass.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later

Have your symptoms increased after you last saw the doctor?
What all investigations were done for this? Please provide details about the reports.
Was biopsy done for this?

Please provide these details, so that I can answer in better way.Regards.

Follow-up: Mass in thymus, trouble swallowing, chest pain. Should I worry about this? 9 minutes later
yes the symptoms has increased and all they did for it was ct scans now biopsy. I am dealing with military doctorss

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
What was biopsy report?

Follow-up: Mass in thymus, trouble swallowing, chest pain. Should I worry about this? 10 minutes later
sorry i XXXXXXX to write no biopsy just ct scans at the last one they said it was not growing so they are not going to do anything about it

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later
But since the symptoms have increased, it's very likely that the mass has grown and is now causing pressure on your esophagus/food pipe.

Approach which can be undertaken now is to get a follow up CT scan done without waiting for long to see if at all mass has grown. Or other approach is to get biopsy of this done to relieve all anxiety.

Actually your symptoms make me think of this approach.Had there been no recent development of symptoms, I would have agreed with your doctor's approach.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.