Married, having a child, delayed periods, safe sex. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnancy?

Am married and have a kid with 11 months. my periods got delayed by 8days and had a pregnancy test and shows negative. My husband use condom and we feel that we had a safe sex. Can you suggest, what needs to be done at this point of time.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 minutes later
Thanks for the query

In the post pregnancy period especially when you are still lactating it is usual for the periods to be delayed by a few days and stress also adds to the factor where because of stress you can get delayed periods.
Since your urine pregnancy test has come negative it is unlikely that you are pregnant and also because you have been practicing safe sex
I suggest you wait for a week and take another urine pregnancy test to confirm, if it is still negative then you will have to XXXXXXX a gynecologist who will put you on some hormonal pills to bring back the rhythm of your periods.
Some of the home remedies you can use are
XXXXXXX breathing exercises
Eating on time
Adequate sleep,minimum of 6 hours of sleep a day

I hope I have answered all your queries. Please click the accept button if I did or else write back to me in case you have doubts

Have a nice day