Married, don't want a child for one year, on leotte pills, less bleeding during periods. Safe to take to prevent pregnancy ?

Hello XXXXXXX I am married for 4.5 months now. Since we don't want baby for 1 yr atleast, i am leotte pills. I have not encoutered any side effects with that pill. But only difference i feel is that the amount of bleeding during periods has decreased a lot. I am worried. Is it because of pill or something else. Thanks for help.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 8 hours later
Pills are suitable and effective contraception for a large majority of young women like you.You may continue taking loette in the absence of any side effects.
Pills reduce bleeding in many women. Blood loss during menses will revert to normal once you are off pills.
You must monitor your weight regularly.
Some women complain of irregular cycles once the pills are stopped.In such women its not the after effects of the pills but the symptoms were masked due to pills.
Hence continue taking your pill regularly.
Believe you had a full history evaluated by a Gynaecologist before you started it.
best wishes