Marijuana allergy, watery eyes, sore throat. Occasional smoking. Medication and advise?

how to get rid of marijuana allergy. i have been suffering from eyes watering, sore throat since last saturday (i smoked weed on friday). i am not a usual smoker, only smoked a few times. how can i get rid of it
what medication should i take?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     20 year old female
•     Known case of allergy from marijuana
•     Complaints of: eyes watering and sore throat

First the best treatment of any allergy is to avoid allergen. It is marijuana in your case. So, avoid it as marijuana also have several psychological consequences too like: anxiety, psychosis and depression.

For current exacerbation you can take paracetamol and cetrizine tablets 2 times a day. But now symptoms have prolong, I also suspect secondary infection. So, you should also visit physician for examination and antibiotic prescription (if needed).

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.