Mammograph and ultrasound revealed enlarged Lymph node under arm. Consult doctor about a bump in the back?

I recently had a suspicious mammo followed by an ultrasound which revealed an enlarged Lymph node under my arm. I am supposed to follow up in 3-6 months. I have had a hard, marble size, lump in my lower back for a while. It is not painful but I do have some back and abdominal discomfort. Should I be concerned and should I ask for an ultrasound of that area and should I wait the 3-6 months before asking for further evaluation?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The fact that The mammogram and ultrasound did not reveal any suspicious abnormalities within the breast is reassuring that there is very likely no breast-cancer going on. graph they did see a slightly abnormal lymph node which would be followed normally with another ultrasound in about 12 weeks. this is a very standard level of follow-up and I am not concerned that this is something that is very worrisome. Commonly we see mildly enlarged lymph nodes from time to time which may occur due to inflammation or it Milta viral infection.

I would advise that you follow the recommendations of your physician and obtained the ultrasound in a couple of months. If you have any changes in how you feeling general you should see your doctor sooner.

I thank you very much for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert

Follow-up: Mammograph and ultrasound revealed enlarged Lymph node under arm. Consult doctor about a bump in the back? 1 hour later
So you feel the marble sized lump in my lower back doesn't need to be evaluated at this time? It has been there for a few months and as I said it is not sore or painful but I do have lower back and abdominal discomfort.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 30 hours later
Hello again.

I really am not very concerned about this tiny nodule which you have noticed in your lower back, this is something which can be observed over time. We would really only remove something like this if it was painful or otherwise bothersome to the patient. I don't think it is some kind of cancer at all. I don't think your lower back and abdominal discomfort are related to this either.

Thanks again for the query and followup. I am available as always to address any additional concerns. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Galamaga